Okito celebrates 100 days with milestone records.
Constructed Isale Oro pedestrian bridge
– Adepitan/Orimolade link culvert
– Tarring of Orimolade Avenue
– Palliatives and relief materials for 120 constituents
– Distribution of 3,000 pieces of 40 leaves notebooks to student constituents
– Winner of the First UAH Football Tournament
It was celebration galore in Ward ‘B’, Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government, on Tuesday, November 2, as the Ward Councillor, Hon. Oluwole Michael Sholola, fondly called Okito by political admirers, friends, family and the entire community, gave 100 days stewardship account in style.
The event which was hosted by the first Councillor of Ward ‘B’, Former Party Chairman, All Progressives Congress, Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government and Stakeholders Member, Hon. Akin Fadayomi and co-hosted by the Party Ward Chairman, Mr Fisayo Faleke, was held at the leaders house (Hon. Fadayomi).
All former Councillors of Ward ‘B’ were also at the event, these includes: Hon. Fadayomi, Hon. Mutiu Bakare (Fmr. Councillor and Supervisory Councillor for Health), Hon. Ayorinde Famobio (Fmr. Councillor and Chief Whip of the House), Hon. Rasheed Quadri (Fmr. Deputy Leader), Hon. David Olusesi Smith (Fmr. Councillor and Supervisory Councillor for Agric, Youth and Social Development, and Environment, at different times). Also on attendance was Okito’s predecessor and Chairmanship Aspirant during the last APC electioneering, Hon. Bisola Fadayomi.
Others are former and present LG Party Executive Members from Ward ‘B’, Ward Executive Members, all 12 Zonal Chairmen and Secretaries, representatives of the Women and Youth wings, amongst others.
Okito used the opportunity to appreciate the leaders and members of the Ward, whom he described as dutiful people. He commended their unflinching loyalty, noting that, he couldn’t have a better Ward and better members. He stated that he is blessed with the crop of politicians in Ward ‘B’, “truly we are the best ward”, he said.
He enumerated his achievements within the first 100 days in office. They were categorised into two: Physical Projects and Non Physical.
Under the Physical Projects are:
– The re-construction of Isale Oro pedestrian bridge within the first week: A project that was long overdue with promises from different quarters but to no avail.
– Adepitan/Orimolade link Culvert: An eyesore that hindered free linkage and an headache for motorists, it was a problem that lingered before succor came through the Ward councillor.
– Tarring of Orimolade Avenue: Orimolade Avenue was almost an abandoned community but the story has changed, thanks to the leadership of the local government administration which Hon. Sholola is part of.
– Palliatives and relief materials for 120 constituents: This is a quarterly project of Okito, even before he became an elected office holder, since the scourge, Covid-19 attacked in 2019, though to 70 persons, but has since been extended to additional 50 persons, making it 120.
– Distribution of 3,000 pieces of 40 leaves notebooks to student constituents: This is to aid learning and cushion the parents expenses.
– Winner of the First UAH Football Tournament: His assembled, well managed and properly funded football team, also won the UAH Football Tournament, making history as the first ward to win such.
He seeked the indulgence of everyone to be discreet on the Non-Physical Projects, he said he would want it to be a personal thing between his office and the beneficiaries. He said such could be likened to the work of God and he won’t want it publicised. This was however approved by the leaders.
Hon. Fadayomi who was filled with joy and excitement applauded the Councillor whom he referred to as his son, he encouraged him not to relent in his effective representation while he admonished the members to continue in supporting the good cause.
The leader further advised Okito to work on bridging the gap between the political leaders. “You should be for everyone, we’ve scaled the period of electioneering to representation by the grace and will of God, thus, be fair and just to all, no faction, no discrimination”, he said.
Mr Faleke in his words, assured that with the way Okito is delivering and taking advise, the sky is the stepping stone for both Ward ‘B’ and the Councillor.
Hon. Quadri, who noted that all these developments has never happened in Ward ‘B’ before, “not even within this short space”, described Okito as an uncommon representative of the people who has also learnt from within and outside world.
“With his exposure, I wasn’t expecting him to fail, but he has surpassed my expectations in this 100 days, this is a milestone achievement”, he said.
Okito used the medium to present the trophy won during the UAH Football Tournament to the leadership of the Ward.
“This is truly a good sign, his reign is divine, a humble personality”, Lady Evang. Phylicia Egiebade, an LG Exco said.
Attendees were treated to beautiful music and refreshments.