A polythene manufacturing company has been gutted by fire at Ahmmadiya Bus Stop around the Abule Egba area of Lagos State.
It was gathered that the incident happened on Saturday morning while production was ongoing at the factory located on Wifunke Street, behind a Total Filling Station, Ahmmadiya.
Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said there was no loss of life.
He said first responders including the LASEMA team, the Federal Fire Service, and the Lagos State Fire Service have arrived at the scene.
“Investigation gathered at the scene revealed that the fire started at about 7:00am while production was ongoing as there was steady power.
“It was also determined by interviewing some factory workers that the fire started from a section of the plant due to overheating of a production unit.
“No loss of life nor injuries were recorded at the scene of the incident. The fire has been curtailed from spreading to other buildings around.
“LASEMA Responders including its Fireteam, Federal Fire Service, and Lagos State Fire Service are all on ground combating the fire,” he explained in a statement.