Hon. Adewale Temitope Adedeji (ATA) on Sunday, June 7, gives an account of his first year as Member Lagos State House of Assembly, representing Ifako-Ijaiye Constituency 01.
Speaking at a zoom interactive session, ATA started by thanking the people of Ifako-Ijaiye for the confidence they reposed in him by giving him their mandate to represent them in the state House of Assembly and promised to never disappoint them.
The Chairman House Committee on Transportation also thanked Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, whom he described as a fatherly figure, who has taught him a lot, served unconditionally and deserves all accolades.
“Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a man that champions seek his prowess, a leader who everyone follows in his footsteps. A grandmaster in harnessing the potentials of the youths even when all they have is a dream. He is just like a father to me.
“Asiwaju has continuously taught me how to amplify my strengths and manage my weaknesses all whilst being fearless. His dedication towards the people has set a good antecedent, which has taught me the importance of always being of good service to the nation and the people”, he said.
The youthful lawmaker acknowledged the help of Rt Hon. Mudashir Obasa, who he said greatly impacted his life and ability to quickly grasp the duty of legislating.
Hon. Adewale appreciated Governor Babajide Sanwolu and his deputy, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat for their cooperation with the legislative arm to deliver the dividend of democracy to the people across the board. He said with their help, he has been able to achieve feats in the sector of education, employment, Infrastructure and welfare.
He explained how he made available various palliative to cushion the effect of Coronavirus lockdown which included food to the community and his salary donation to health workers, vis-a-vis his relationship with the community and the party, noting that he recently supported the community with one million naira cash donation.
He enumerated some of his achievements as:-
- 350 free jamb forms and also provided three months extra coaching classes for students at no cost.
- 50 free GCE forms and free coaching class to students in the constituency.
- Over 15 students of the constituency were helped to secure admission into Lagos state university 2019/2020 through.
- Repairs of public schools in Ifako-Ijaiye:
- Ogundimu Primary School.
- Fagba Grammar School complex (Jnr Sec)
- Bishop Oluwole complex sch. ( Holy Trinity, All Saints).
- Employment for over 10 constituents. With other appointments made into the ministry of transportation board and the recent being the appointment of two constituents as Heads of Operations in the Ministry of Transportation.
- Facilitation of resurfacing and rehabilitations of bad roads within our constituency which includes, Iju road from Pen-Cinema corridor to Elliot through LSPWC.
- Re-award of the contract for the construction of abandoned Abiola/Onijemo Roads which connects Obawole in Ifako-Ijaiye to Ajayi Road in Ojodu LCDA.
- Construction of Inuobimi Street will also kick start as soon as possible.
- We have also facilitated the dredging of Ogundimu/Ajuwon interstate link bridge canal. Dredging of Ifelodun, Aina Ajobo, Ajala Bello, Abeokuta Street, Yaya Abatan, Onijemo/Abiola, Obawole, Londoner and Ogundimu canals.
- Provision of stimulus packages to support our constituents: Phase I:- Over hundred bags of rice through the Community Development Committee CDC, Religious Bodies, Physically Challenged and other people to be shared to the vulnerables, elderly people and those with no capacity to feed at that time.
Phase II: Over 1,200 loaves of bread with 400 crates of eggs to the same people.
Phase III: Hundred bags of rice, beans, garri etc.
Phase IV: Cartons of food packs which contain, semo, wheat, spaghetti, noodles, macaroni to all Muslim brothers and sisters in the spirit of Ramadan.
“I am a community person, that is why we have always channelled our support to the community through them. After having a meeting with our CDC executives, we decided to support them with the sum of One million naira cash donation towards the completion of their secretariat building.
“The party is supreme, I am a party man and I remain committed to the ethos of the party, my loyalty is 100 percent to the party”, ATA said.
In his fulfilment of promise to the party, People & Politics reported that he presented a SUV LEXUS 300 to the All Progressives Congress LGA Chairman, Deacon Banjo Omole and equally gave out cash gifts to all the party executives.
ATA pleaded with the people to continue to pray to God to give him the grace, capacity, and courage to do more than he has done and he promised never to let them down.